- May 15th, 2015 - Student Safety
- January 16, 2015 - FBI Public Service Announcements concerning university cyber scams
- Oct. 31, 2014 - Daylight Savings Time
- Oct. 28, 2014 - Suspicious Activity (Voyeurism) on Campus
- Oct, 3, 2014 - Bicycle Thefts on or near campus
- July 16, 2014 - Scams targeting Universities, employees and students
- Jan. 13, 2013 - Cell Phone Thefts (updated 1/28/14)
- Nov. 22, 2013 - Knockout game
- Nov. 13, 2013 - Downtown New Haven Night Clubs
- Nov. 11, 2013 - Early darkness and general safety
- Feb. 2, 2012 - Bookstore Buyback Scam
- March 23, 2012 - Recent Thefts & Burglaries
- March 6, 2012 - Robbery
Safety & Crime Prevention Tips
TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS!
If you THINK there is something wrong, there is probably something wrong.
DO NOT PROP DOORS OPEN!
This compromises the security of the entire building.
LOCK YOUR DOOR, AND PROTECT YOUR KEY!
Even when leaving for only a few minutes, lock your door, and take your key. Never hide or lend keys. Always lock your door when you or your roommates are sleeping. Do not attach your ID card to your keys.
DO NOT ALLOW STRANGERS INTO YOUR ROOM!
Find out who is at your door before you open it. UNH employees carry identification -- don't be afraid to ask for it. Beware of solicitors! They are not allowed in residence halls and should be immediately reported to the UNH Police Department at 203-932-7070.
AVOID RISKY BEHAVIOR!
Remember that alcohol impairs your judgment. THINK before you drink, and consider the risks BEFORE you act. The decisions you make NOW can have a significant impact on your safety and on your future.
BE ALERT TO WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND YOU!
Be aware of your surroundings, and walk confidently and with determination. Avoid shortcuts in isolated areas, and walk in groups at night.
BE AWARE OF YOUR RIGHTS IN SOCIAL AND SEXUAL SITUATIONS!
Be willing to say No! if a situation becomes uncomfortable. NO MEANS NO! Unwanted physical contact is a crime! Report it immediately to the UNH Police Department (203-932-7070) or to a member of the Residential Life staff.
PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY:
- Be sure homeowner's insurance covers your property while at UNH.
- Record serial numbers of valuable items.
- Put an identifying number near the binding of the same page in all of your books.
- Keep wallets, purses, checkbooks, jewelry out of sight and locked away, if possible.
- Do not keep large sums of cash. Use the on-campus ATM or a checking account.
- Keep track of credit cards, and report their loss immediately.