Community partnerships are crucial to the development of service-learning projects that have lasting impact. Our community partners identify real community needs and collaborate with the Academic Service Learning Office to meet those needs.
Responsibilities of Community Partners
- Help the Academic Service Learning office identify community needs and provide a service opportunity that meets those needs.
- Provide adequate and consistent project supervision for students, and project feedback to faculty and Academic Service Learning staff.
Responsibilites of the Academic Service-Learning Office
- Collaborate with community partners to identify community needs
- Assist faculty and community partners in the selection and design of relevant service projects
- Monitor project implementation
- Assist community partners, faculty, and students in troubleshooting issues that might arise during the project
- Provide logistical support to community partners, faculty, and students in completing those projects
Non-profit agencies in the West Haven area who would like to partner with the University of New Haven on seeking innovative ways to meet community needs should contact the Academic Service Learning Office.
Contact The Academic Service Learning Office