The University of New Haven, founded on the Yale campus in 1920, is a private, coeducational university situated on the coast of southern New England. It’s a diverse and vibrant community of more than 6,800 students, with campuses around the country and around the world.
Within its five colleges, students immerse themselves in a transformative, career-focused education across the liberal arts and sciences, fine arts, business, engineering, public safety, and public service. We offer more than 100 academic programs, all grounded in a long-standing commitment to collaborative, interdisciplinary, project-based learning.
Here, the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic, guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success. As leaders in their fields, faculty members provide the inspiration and recognition needed for students to fulfill their potential and succeed at whatever they choose to do.
1. Complete faculty dedication to mentorship, growth, and professional development, which has guided the personal and professional success of each student for almost a century.
2. A proven, purposeful education which, through professionally focused courses of study, equips students with the critical skills, knowledge, and experience essential for a meaningful and productive life.
3. A curriculum that encourages interdisciplinary exploration, educating students who will succeed in a global society, well-prepared to understand and navigate the world at large.
4. A wide range of academic choices within the five colleges, each with its own areas of focus.
5. An engaged, vibrant campus that is the right size – small enough to feel personal and manageable, yet large enough to offer students a wide array of academic, residential, athletic, and leadership opportunities.
6. Strong post-graduation success, sustained by an engaged alumni network of more than 65,000 across all industries. More than ninety-one percent of graduates are employed or are pursuing graduate degrees one year out, and ninety-six percent are succeeding in their fields within six years of graduating.
The University of New Haven is a comprehensive university with an emphasis on excellence in liberal arts and professional education. Our mission is to prepare our students to lead purposeful and fulfilling lives in a global society by providing the highest-quality education through experiential, collaborative and discovery-based learning.