About Technology Transfer at UNH
Mission & Goals
The mission of technology transfer at UNH is to actively support the overall University’s mission by helping to identify and guide innovations and intellectual assets developed by its faculty, from the discovery stage to commercial reality. We seek to accomplish this through judicious investments in select opportunities and productive partnering with peer institutions and the commercial sector.
PhilosophyThe University’s Technology Transfer Philosophy
- A commitment to support faculty research in a variety of ways. The administration believes that a progressive technology transfer program can provide a strong form of educational support.
- A belief that the technology transfer process, properly administered, aligns perfectly with the University’s dedication to leadership in Experiential Education.
- Pursuit of a variety of opportunities to work with commercial partners to our mutual benefit.
- UNH researchers are engaged in a wide variety of research, both theoretical and applied. When discoveries are determined to have potential commercial value, the technology transfer team develops and implements a commercialization strategy that:
- Is consistent with UNH’s mission, values, and culture
- Brings the discovery to commercial reality in as rapid and as reliable a manner as possible
- Obtains appropriate recognition and reward for the University and its innovators
Stuart Sidle, Associate Provost