Office of Marketing & Communications
On a day-to-day basis, the department is responsible for the strategic planning for, and execution of, advertising, print publications and digital marketing materials. These marketing initiatives include:
Public-Facing Websites and Other Digital Properties
- Manage and develop the institution's public-facing website, www.newhaven.edu, as well as a suite of secondary websites that support various initiatives and programs. The main site receives nearly 14 million pageviews per year.
- Manage the University of New Haven's social media properties, including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, which are responsible for nearly a half-million views per year.
- Create email templates and help administrate a bulk email system used by various departments around campus.
- Project manage and work with the Office of Information Technology to maintain nearly 50 e-commerce applications.
- Create 100 advertisements annually: 80% are enrollment related and 20% are Institutional.
- Handle all media buys for the University. Develop media campaigns for enrollment events as well as for general awareness when needed. Examples include: Open houses, information sessions, New campus in Orange, Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts, College of Business general awareness.
- Create, modify, and produce 330 Publications annually. 60% are enrollment related, 40% are institutional.
- Enrollment-based publications include those initiated by Undergraduate, Graduate, and International Admissions and Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts.
- Institutional-based publications include those initiated by Advancement, Commencement, Students Affairs, Alumni, and Office of the President.