Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Application Procedure

The University of New Haven has a rolling admissions process for part-time students. That means that we do not have specific deadlines. Applications are accepted and processed up until the start of the specific academic term.  However, we strongly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing.

All new students must submit an online admission application.  When you get to the application menu you will see four application options. Select the "UNDERGRADUATE Part-Time or Visiting/Non-Degree Students" application. NOTE: When you click, it will open an application that says "Graduate & Adult Application for Admission" on the top. This is the correct application. There is no application fee to apply for part-time undergraduate admission.

University of New Haven  

 Select the 


Part-time  or


Student Application

1. complete: After completing the application you must be certain to click the "Submit" button on the BOTTOM of the "Final Step: Signature Page".  

2. submit: Submit official transcripts from all the colleges/universities that you have attended as well as an official copy of your high school transcript.  A satisfactory General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is acceptable in place of a high school diploma. (If you have completed more than 24 college credits you do not have to submit your high school transcript.) If you are a veteran and have been in the military, please submit your official SMART transcripts

Transcripts should be sent to the following mailing address:

University of New Haven
Undergraduate Admissions Office
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516



  • You will receive a letter from the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
  • A few days later you will receive two emails from the Office of Information Technology from The first one will include your unique university student ID number and your UNH Network password. The second one will include your login and UNH email address. (These emails are being sent to you separately for security reasons).  This will give you access to your insideUNH portal account, through which you will gain access to all the technology resources you will need, including information on registration. (Former UNH students will not be receiving the emails but their previous accounts will be re-activated). If you have questions regarding your student ID number, password, login or email address please contact the Campus Card Office (203) 932-7062 or for assistance.
  •  According to Connecticut State Law (Public Act 89-90) all students born on or after January 1, 1957 who are entering an institution of higher education must show proof of having received immunizations. You must have an "Immunization Form" completed by your physician and submitted to the UNH Health Services Office by the first day of the academic term. Further "Part-Time Student Immunization Information" can be found on the Health Services webpage.

  1. Former UNH Students

    Former UNH students who have not attended UNH within the past year must complete a new admission application in order to be reactivated. (Note: You may be required to resubmit your previous credentials if the university no longer has your old records on file). Please note that students who have attended UNH previously will still have the same User ID and password for accessing the Banner Student Information System once you have been reactivated. 
  2. Non-Degree Students

    Students applying to UNH as a Non-Degree/Visiting Student should select "Non-Degree" as their intended major. "Non-Degree/Visiting Students" do not have to submit official transcripts. However if you intend to register for a course that has a prerequisite you will be required to submit copies of your college academic transcript(s) to verify that you have met any prerequisite requirements for your course(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for Non-Degree/Visiting Students. 

    Non-Degree student are NOT eligible for financial aid.  


    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: (if applicable)

    High School Students:  If you are currently enrolled in high school and wish to take a course at UNH you must submit a letter from your high school guidance counselor authorizing permission for you to take a specific course and why. You must also submit an unofficial copy of your high school transcript.

    International Students:  If you are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, you must submit copies of your current Immigration documents to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. International students attending another college or ELS program in the U.S. on an F-1 Student Visa who wish to take courses at UNH must also submit a letter from the International Student Services Office at their current school verifying their immigration status. The letter must also give permission for you to enroll at UNH and for which specific term.

  3. Summer Students