About the Library
Welcome to the Marvin K. Peterson Library. We provide vital information resources and serve as an academic hub on campus. The library advances the University’s academic mission by acquiring and making accessible high-quality resources, curating spaces conducive for inquiry and collaboration, and sharing staff expertise with the University of New Haven community.
The Peterson Library is your library, and we are always striving to provide you with the best possible service and support. We are committed to fostering a supportive environment that meets you where you are and connects you with the information resources you need.
As a physical and digital space dedicated to intellectual freedom, curiosity, and the pursuit of knowledge, we encourage you to ask questions and seek answers with critical inquiry. Peterson library exists on an information continuum and provides access to historical archival materials, the latest in mobile technologies and research databases, and everything in between. While more information may be available online than ever before, finding what you need and sorting through the noise is a challenge. We are here to help. From curated research guides, selected scholarly resources, and expert subject liaisons, we are here to support you at any point in your research journey.
Here for you and your research needs, that’s the Peterson Library way.
- Compassion and Care
- Critical Inquiry
Meet Our Staff
- Amirah Franklin, Library Clerk II
- Wanda Lewis, Library Clerk II
- Gloria Smith, Library Clerk II
- Anna Malicka, Technical Services & Outreach Librarian
- Amber Montano, Access Services Manager
- Cathy Prete, Library Technical Assistant
- Joseph Scollo, Information Literacy Librarian
- Lauren Slingluff, University Librarian
- Diane Spinato, Senior Information Literacy Librarian
- Sean Stevens, Library Technical Assistant
- Evelina Yim, Administrative Coordinator II