The University of New Haven offers a variety of safe and reliable transportation options
that allow students to explore the Greater New Haven and West Haven areas.
Regular shuttle service is provided to the West Haven and New Haven (Union Station)
train stations, where the Metro North Railroad and Amtrak provide easy access to destinations
such as Boston or New York City. Bus service such as Greyhound, Peter Pan and others
are also located at Union Station. Many alternatives are also provided to help students
quickly travel between campus buildings or residence halls and University-sponsored
parking lots. We even offer a mobile app that uses GPS to let you know exactly where the shuttle
is on its route!
Transportation Services Available
Students, faculty and staff can make use of a number of transportation services offered
by the University of New Haven. The list shown here is representative of the types
of services that we provide. Specific schedules and times are subject to change throughout
the year and are accessible to students, faculty and staff using their myCharger login.
Full schedules available in mycharger (login required)
University-Sponsored Housing Shuttles & Courtesy Vans
- Dedicated services for students residing at University-managed residence facilities
that are not located on the main campus: Forest Hills Apartments, Savin Court, Main
Street Apartments, and The Atwood.
- These services generally operate: Mon.-Fri. 6:45 a.m. to midnight; Thurs.-Sat. 12:00 a.m. – 3:10 a.m.
Campus Courtesy Vans
- Service parking areas at St. Paul's Church, the University's North Campus, and the
Hoffman Street Lot.
- These services generally operate: Daily 5:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., making a continuous loop between those parking areas and set stops on campus.
Milford/Post Road Shuttle
- This shuttle runs in a continuous loop between the West Haven campus and various stops
along Boston Post Road - including Target, Christmas Tree Shop, Starbucks, Walmart
(Milford), and the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford.
- This service generally operates: Friday from 4 – 11:15 p.m., Saturday-Sunday from 1 – 11:15 p.m.
West Haven Train STATION, New Haven (Union) Train STATION, and STOP & SHOP Shuttle
- Reservations are not required for this shuttle, which runs between the main campus
and the West Haven Train Station on Railroad Avenue. Train services at this station
are provided by Metro North Railroad. Due to the closing of the West Haven Shop Rite
near campus, a stop has been added to this service at the West Haven Stop & Shop on
- West Haven Station Shuttles and Vans generally operate: Mon.-Fri. from 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., and Mon-Thurs. from 5:30 – 10:00 p.m.
- On the weekend, service is also provided to Union Station in New Haven, where Amtrak
train service is available.
- West Haven and New Haven vans generally operate Fri. from 5:30 – 10:00 p.m. and Sun. from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Downtown New Haven Shuttle
- Service provided between main campus and Trinity Church at College St./Chapel St.
in New Haven.
- This service generally operates Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 6:15 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
Orange Campus Shuttle
- Service provided between Maxcy Hall on the main campus and the University's Orange
- This service generally operates Mon-Thurs. from 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
ChargerGo Pass (formerLY UPASS)
- A special transportation pass for University of New Haven students who do not have
a car registered on campus, the ChargerGO pass is valid for unlimited trips during
the semester on all CT Transit local buses. Please visit cttransit.com for more information about this service. Students can register for the ChargerGO
Pass through the parking system using the link in myCharger.