Counseling & Psychological Services
The Counseling Center offers a variety of services aimed at helping students resolve personal difficulties and acquire the balance, skills, and knowledge that will enable them to take full advantage of their experience at the University of New Haven.
There are many issues that bring students to the Counseling Center:
- troubling moods (e.g. depression, anxiety, and stress),
- persistent difficulties in adjusting to university life,
- relationship problems,
- grief over the loss of a loved one,
- substance abuse, and
- other personal or emotional concerns.
Counseling services are free, confidential, and available to currently enrolled students. Services include:
- brief counseling for individuals and couples,
- substance abuse groups,
- assistance with referrals to community resources, and
- crisis interventions.
We strive to offer these services in an atmosphere that is welcoming and comfortable for all students, regardless of race, gender, ethnic background, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or physical status.
For further information or to schedule an appointment, please call (203) 932-7333.
We are located on the lower level of Sheffield Hall.