The Chargers Care Pledge to Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19
As Chargers, there are values and expectations that we all share which provide the framework for how we interact as individual members of the community and speak to who we are and what we stand for as a community.
And today, as the effects of this pandemic impact the Charger community and the world, we must all do our part to care for the health and wellbeing of every member of our campus community.
We pledge to CARE FOR OURSELVES.
We pledge to CARE FOR OTHERS.
We pledge to CARE FOR OUR CHARGER COMMUNITY.
- Monitor for the symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell). If I experience any symptoms I will report to a medical professional immediately.
- Wash my hands often with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Engage in COVID-19 screening, testing, and other measures to protect myself from harm.
- Practice holistic wellness to support my social, physical, nutritional, financial, mental, spiritual, and intellectual needs.
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing in both on and off-campus settings to protect our community and beyond.
- Stay in my residence if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Wear an appropriate face covering and other protective gear as directed by the University.
- Recognize when other members of the community may be struggling and support them to find appropriate resources.
- Identify, support, and educate others on the Chargers Care Pledge to ensure the health of our campus community.
- Keep clothing, belongings, personal spaces, and shared common spaces clean.
- Engage in testing and contact tracing to preserve the wellness of the community.
- Carefully observe instructional signs and follow directions as provided by the University.