Shuttle and Transportation Services
The University of New Haven offers a variety of safe and reliable transportation options that allow students to explore the Greater New Haven and West Haven areas.
Regular shuttle service is provided to the West Haven and New Haven (Union Station) train stations, where the Metro North Railroad and Amtrak provide easy access to destinations such as Boston or New York City. Bus service such as Greyhound, Peter Pan and others are also located at Union Station. Many alternatives are also provided to help students quickly travel between campus buildings or residence halls and University-sponsored parking lots. We even offer a mobile app that uses GPS to let you know exactly where the shuttle is on its route!
Transportation Services Available
Students, faculty and staff can make use of a number of transportation services offered by the University of New Haven. Specific schedules and times are subject to change throughout the year and are accessible to students, faculty and staff using their myCharger login.
The list shown here is representative of the types of services that we provide.
- Dedicated services for students residing at University-managed residence facilities that are not located on the main campus: Forest Hills Apartments, Savin Court, Main Street Apartments, and The Atwood.
- These services generally operate: Mon.-Fri. 6:45 a.m. to midnight; Thurs.-Sat. 12:00 a.m. – 3:10 a.m.
View the Apartment Courtesy Van Schedule
View the Apartment Courtesy Van Weekend Schedule
View the Atwood Weekday Schedule
- Service parking areas at St. Paul's Church, the University's North Campus, and the Hoffman Street Lot.
- These services generally operate: Daily 5:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., making a continuous loop between those parking areas and set stops on campus.
View the Campus Courtesy Van Schedule
View the Campus Courtesy Van Friday Schedule
View the North Campus/Hoffman Lot Courtesy Van Schedule
- This shuttle runs in a continuous loop between the West Haven campus and various stops along Boston Post Road - including Target, Christmas Tree Shop, Starbucks, Walmart (Milford), and the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford.
- This service generally operates: Friday from 4 – 11:15 p.m., Saturday-Sunday from 1 – 11:15 p.m.
- Reservations are not required for this shuttle, which runs between the main campus and the West Haven Train Station on Railroad Avenue. Train services at this station are provided by Metro North Railroad. Due to the closing of the West Haven Shop Rite near campus, a stop has been added to this service at the West Haven Stop & Shop on Elm Street.
- West Haven Station Shuttles and Vans generally operate: Mon.-Fri. from 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., and Mon-Thurs. from 5:30 – 10:00 p.m.
- On the weekend, service is also provided to Union Station in New Haven, where Amtrak train service is available.
- West Haven and New Haven vans generally operate Fri. from 5:30 – 10:00 p.m. and Sun. from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Service provided between main campus and Trinity Church at College St./Chapel St. in New Haven.
- This service generally operates Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 6:15 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
- Service provided between Maxcy Hall on the main campus and the University's Orange Campus.
- This service generally operates Mon-Thurs. from 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
View the Orange Campus Shuttle Schedule
- A special transportation pass for University of New Haven students who do not have a car registered on campus, the ChargerGO pass is valid for unlimited trips during the semester on all CT Transit local buses. Please visit cttransit.com for more information about this service. Students can register for the ChargerGO Pass through the parking system using the link in myCharger.