You are ready for Graduate School. Let us help you take the first step to an advanced degree. The GRE Test Prep course from University of New Haven will give you the skills and confidence you need to maximize your performance on the GRE. Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.
University of New Haven Test Prep is here to help you learn about GRE revised General Test and give you the skills and tools you need to maximize your potential. Our comprehensive program covers each of the three main sections of the GRE revised General exam - Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. We will walk you through each section and prepare you for all of the question types you are likely to encounter on the GRE.
About Our Program
University of New Haven’s Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps hundreds of students at major colleges and universities across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly-trained top quality instructors. Learn more about Educational Testing Consultants at www.etctestprep.com.
University of New Haven GRE Prep classes offer:
- Expert Instructors: Our highly trained instructors are here for you. Our experienced instructors understand the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goals.
- Proven strategies: Our GRE program was developed by test prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
- Superior Materials: The GRE Prep Course includes: The OFFICIAL GUIDE to the GRE revised General Test, 2nd Edition – the most recent publication from ETS, the official GRE provider. You also receive the GRE Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons, and Powerprep II software on CD-ROM, including a complete computer-based GRE practice exam.
- Convenient Schedule Options: Classroom Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the campus of University of New Haven in West Haven,CT. Our Live-online class offers you the opportunity to take the class from anywhere at any time.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success.
Who Should Take the University of New Haven GRE Test Prep Class?
The University of New Haven GRE Prep class is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include: Education, medicine, social work, public administration, and business. Many MBA programs now accept the GRE.
Quantitative Test topics include:
- picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Test topics include:
- solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- utilizing the process of elimination
- mastering time management skills
- minimizing test anxiety
- identifying common distracters
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.