The Ellis C. Maxcy Legacy Society honors individuals who have planned a legacy gift to the University of New Haven.
The Ellis C. Maxcy Legacy Society bears the name of the man who led the University through the Great Depression. Thanks to his vision and foresight, the University grew and prospered despite extreme financial challenges. Today, donors such as you who include UNH in their estate plans demonstrate that same spirit and forward-thinking perspective.
How to Become a Society Member
• Name the University as a beneficiary in your will, retirement account, trust or life insurance policy; or
• Establish a life income arrangement, such as a charitable remainder trust, that will provide a lifetime income to you, or to one or two individuals whom you name.
Please click here to notify us if UNH is already included in your future gift plans so that you can be recognized as a member of the Maxcy Society.
Many gift planning strategies may allow you to accomplish financial planning goals that you may not have thought were possible. Your legacy gift to the University of New Haven could allow you to:
- Make a larger gift to UNH than is otherwise possible
- Increase your lifetime income
- Unlock appreciated assets to produce greater annual income, while avoiding or reducing capital gains taxes that you would otherwise owe
- Provide for family members
- Eliminate or reduce your tax burden
We have information about a wide range of gift planning strategies and would be happy to assist you with reviewing various options.
Benefits of Maxcy Society Membership
Once you become a member of the Ellis C. Maxcy Legacy Society, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Your name will be added to a permanent listing of all members displayed in Maxcy Hall
- Your name will be included in a special section of the University of New Haven’s Honor Roll of Donors
- You will receive invitations to special events and seminars
If you would like to discuss a legacy gift that fits your particular circumstances, please contact Bob Congdon, director of development, at 203-479-4295 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Leave a Legacy to read more about establishing a planned gift.