The Transfer Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration program (SOAR) welcomes new transfer students to our campus community!

This page is designed to help you understand what will take place at SOAR and answer some basic questions about the program.

Program of Events

August 18

Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m. in Bartels Hall, the campus center lobby.


  • Learn about the various campus resources available to you.
  • Learn more about student life and how to get connected on campus.
  • Interact with the dean and students from your academic program.

What Is Transfer SOAR?

Who Attends Transfer SOAR?

All transfer students ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND Transfer SOAR. Please be sure to complete the SOAR registration form found on the Register for SOAR page

What Do Students Do During SOAR?

  • Learn about academic and student-life opportunities

  • Learn about the resources the University of New Haven offers to help you succeed academically

  • Meet and connect with University faculty and staff

  • Get to know the other new students

  • Meet and connect with your Orientation Leader who is a current student

  • Finalize your course schedule

How Should I Prepare?

Complete the steps on the Road Map for Transfer Students.

How do I know how many transfer credits I have been awarded?

Refer to the Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) emailed to you shortly after your acceptance. It indicates how your credits are transferring into your curriculum. Transfer credits are posted to your official transcript and Degree Audit shortly after you enroll.

I am currently enrolled in courses at another college. These courses are not included on my Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE). How do I get transfer credit for these courses?

At the end of the semester, once your final grades are posted, please have your final official transcript sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the University of New Haven; your Transfer Enrollment Counselor will send you an updated TCE.

How do I register for classes?

All new transfer students are remotely registered for classes their first semester based on their TCE. At Transfer SOAR you will meet with an academic advisor and can make changes to that schedule.

How do I know if I need to take placement tests before I can register?

You will be notified by your Transfer Enrollment Counselor if you are required to take the Math and/or English placement tests, based on your TCE.


Center for Student Engagement, Leadership and Orientation
(203) 479-4582