Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

When to Report a Crime or Emergency

To report a crime or emergency, members of the campus community should call 9-1-1 or the Campus Police emergency line at 203-932-7070. Both numbers are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

The University of New Haven Police Department maintains both direct telephone and two-way radio contact with the West Haven Police Department and the Allingtown Fire Department. The 911 system is also available as a back-up to the emergency phone system.

DO NOT assume someone else has made or will make the call.

Call immediately if...
  • If someone is injured or ill.
  • If you see or smell smoke or fire.
  • If you see someone being hurt.
  • If you see a crime in progress, such as someone stealing, causing damage, driving while under the influence of any substance that impairs their ability to safely operate a vehicle, or any activity that is against the law.
  • If you see something suspicious.

Provide the officer(s) or dispatcher(s) with accurate, detailed information about the situation so that it can be relayed to the emergency personnel who are on the way to assist.

If you are reporting a medical problem, ask someone to monitor the affected person's condition so you can relay the information to the officer(s).

  1. Emergency Contact

    For Police, Fire or Medical Emergencies, dial 911 or the UNH Police Emergency number at 203-932-7070.

    When in doubt, in any emergency please call immediately.

    On campus, you can also use the emergency call boxes or red emergency phones in academic buildings.