- Remain calm, do not confront.
- If possible to safely escape area, do so quietly and quickly (keep hands empty and visible to enforcement personnel).
- If safe escape is not possible, lock or barricade yourself in the safest place you can quickly get to.
- Call 9-1-1 and give your location.
- Turn lights off, remain quiet, out of sight and take cover near concrete walls, file cabinets or whatever is available and keep away from windows and doors.
- Turn off cell phone ringers.
- Do not open door, or respond to voice command until you can confirm it is a police officer or University official.
What to Do in Case of a Hostile Intruder
For Police, Fire or Medical Emergencies, dial 911 or the UNH Police Emergency number at 203-932-7070.
When in doubt, in any emergency please call immediately.
On campus, you can also use the emergency call boxes or red emergency phones in academic buildings.
What To Do In Case Of ...
Active Shooter | Bomb Threats | Earthquake or Tornado | Elevator Malfunction | Fire | Gas Leak | Handling Blood | Hazardous Materials Spills | Hostile Intruder | Hurricane | Inclement Weather | Medical Emergency | Missing Person/Student | Power Outage |