The SOAR Family Orientation is a two-day program for guardians of incoming first year students which:
- Familiarizes family members with the campus, programs and services available for students;
- Provides information and addresses concerns through faculty and staff presentations, interactive discussions, and information sessions;
- Provides opportunities to meet the faculty and administrators who will be interacting with your student on a day-to-day basis;
- Gives you a chance to have fun and meet other parents and guardians in a relaxed atmosphere.
Please note: Although the student and family orientation programs take place on the same dates, they are separate. Lodging is NOT provided for families attending the family orientation. A list of hotels located near campus can be access by clicking here.
When students register for SOAR, they have the option to register up to two adults who will be attending the Family Orientation, at no additional charge. Please note that due to space and logistical limitations, any additional family members will be charged a fee of $35 per person at check-in on the first day.
When arriving to campus, please enter through the main entrance of the University on Boston Post Road.
Here's what to bring:
- Hotel reservations for families attending Family Orientation (if applicable)
- Pack clothes for both days; comfortable shorts and pants are recommended
- Wear comfortable shoes; you will be on your feet a lot
- Pack sheets and a pillow (or a sleeping bag), towel, toiletries, fan and an alarm clock
Check back soon for more information about the SOAR schedule