Important Dates - 2016 Election
General Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Voter Registration Details
Need to register to vote? Want to find your polling place? Need an absentee ballot? Come to the Voter Registration table in Bartels Campus Center Lobby, 11 AM to 1 PM, on the following dates:
October 11, October 18, October 26, October 31
State of Connecticut Voter Registration
You can also register via a paper form. This form can either be mailed to or dropped off in person at your Registrar of Voters office.
Connecticut now has "Election Day Voter Registration"! Here’s how it works for students living in West Haven (including the residence halls):
- Go to West Haven City Hall Clerk’s Office (1st floor) at 355 Main Street, West Haven between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
- If you don’t have transportation to get to City Hall, you may use your UPass to take the CT Transit bus to City Hall. Take the J Line CT Transit bus from the stop on Campbell Avenue (near Charger Plaza) and get off at the stop located on Campbell Ave. and Main St.
- Bring your UNH student ID or a state issued ID (ie driver’s license, passport, etc.) and a student enrollment verification letter from the Dean of Students Office (Bartels Hall 206, 203-932-7432).
- Once you show your documents to verify your identity and UNH enrollment status, you will be able to register to vote and then cast your ballot right there at City Hall!
- If you are a commuter who lives outside of West Haven, please click here to find out where you can go register in your town on Election Day.
Please note that this is ONLY for students who have NOT already submitted a voter registration form.
Verify Your Voter Registration - Click HERE!
The polling location for UNH residential students who HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED using the 300 Boston Post Road address is:
John Prete Senior Housing
1187 Campbell Ave
West Haven, CT 06516
If you need transportation to John Prete Senior Housing on Election Day, please contact
Campus Police at 203-932-7014
The polling location for UNH students living at Savin Court or Main Street Apartments who HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED is:
West Haven City Hall
355 Main Street
West Haven, CT 06516
Do you live in West Haven? You should contact the Registrar of Voters Office (203-937-3541 or 203-937-3540) to determine your polling location.
Do you live outside of West Haven? Google the name of your town and 'Registrar of Voters' to determine your polling location (ie Google 'Hamden, CT Registrar of Voters'). Be prepared to give them your address so they can determine your voting district.
Information on Voting at School in Connecticut
Additional Voter Education and Registration Resources
If you have any questions, please email Rachel Russell.