Voter Registration Deadlines - West Haven, Connecticut
For the General Election - Tuesday, November 4, 2014
The Mail-In and Walk-in Registration Deadlines HAVE PASSED!
However, Connecticut now has "Election Day Voter Registration"! Here’s how it works for students living in West Haven (including the residence halls):
- Go to West Haven City Hall Clerk’s Office (1st floor) at 355 Main Street, West Haven between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
- If you don’t have transportation to get to City Hall, you may use your UPass to take the CT Transit bus to City Hall. Take the J Line CT Transit bus from the stop on Campbell Avenue (near Charger Plaza) and get off at the stop located on Campbell Ave. and Main St.
- Bring your UNH student ID or a state issued ID (ie driver’s license, passport, etc.) and a student enrollment verification letter from the Office of Intercultural Relations (Bartels Hall 208, 203-932-7427).
- Once you show your documents to verify your identity and UNH enrollment status, you will be able to register to vote and then cast your ballot right there at City Hall!
- If you are a commuter who lives outside of West Haven, please click here to find out where you can go register in your town on Election Day.
Please note that this is ONLY for students who have NOT already submitted a voter registration form.
The polling location for UNH* students who HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED is
Prete Senior Center
1187 Campbell Avenue
* 300 Boston Post Road address
Commuter students living in West Haven should contact the Registrar of Voters Office (203-937-3541 or 203-937-3540) to determine your polling location. If you live outside of West Haven, Google the name of your town and 'Registrar of Voters' to determine your polling location (ie Google 'Hamden, CT Registrar of Voters'). Be prepared to give them your address so they can determine your voting district.
Verify Your Voter Registration - Click HERE!
Information on Voting at School in Connecticut
State of Connecticut Voter Registration
Online Voter Registration has come to Connecticut! Click here to begin the process.
You can also register via a paper form. This form can either be mailed to or dropped off in person at your Registrar of Voters office.
State of Connecticut Absentee Ballot Forms
Additional Voter Education and Registration Resources
If you have any questions, please email Wanda Tyler.