Welcome to the Office of Residential Life’s 2014-2015 Room Selection Webpage!
Please Note: As you are reading the below updated information about this year's room selection process, please be aware that we have raised the room selection deposit to $500. As we begin to disseminate information regarding the room selection process for the 2014-2015 academic year, we would like to clarify that the room selection deposit is not an additional fee, but in fact a deposit which is credited to your student account and applied to your room fee. An increase in the room selection deposit submitted will result in an equivalent decrease to your student bill with regard to room fees.
Unfortunately, over the past few years, we have noticed a number of students who submit a room selection deposit, select a room during the room selection process, and then do not take advantage of residing on campus the following fall semester and were willing to forfeit their $500. It is our intention, with an increase in the room selection deposit, to encourage only students who are highly committed to residing on campus to select a bed in the room selection process. A $500 room selection deposit will likely decrease the number of students who select a bed as a "placeholder," only to withdraw from housing at a later date.
Here we will continue to add updates and information that is important to know about the selection process. Please also be sure to be checking your UNH email, as that will be the way information will be distributed to students. In addition, information pertaining to Room Selection may be found on Facebook (Just search for UNH Residential Life) or Twitter.
There will be several information sessions coming up that will help you better understand this year's on-line process. More detailed information will be coming later in January.
Things to know:
1. Your $500.00 room selection deposit is due to the Bursar's Office no later than Friday, February 21, 2014 at 4:30pm. If your $500.00 is received after this date, you will not be permitted to participate in room selection and will be placed on a waitlist for housing.
2. Your account must be in good standing with the Bursar's Office in order to submit your room selection deposit. If there is a balance due on your student account, you will need to contact the Bursar's Office to rectify your balance before your room selection deposit is submitted. Your balance must be rectified and your room selection deposit received and processed by Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 4:30pm.
3. The 2014-2015 Housing License Agreement is now available to sign through your myHousing account (you can access it through your insideUNH portal) which needs to be submitted by Friday, February 21, 2014 at 4:30pm in order to participate in room selection.
- To pay your room selection deposit through ePay, the UNH online billing and payment system, log into http://www.newhaven.edu/academics/12591/.
- To pay your room selection deposit directly to the Bursar's Office, or for contact information for the Bursar's Office, please log directly into the following website: http://www.newhaven.edu/academics/11069.
- If the Bursar's Office receives a room selection deposit for a student and that student has a balance due on his/her student account, the deposit will not be processed. Similarly, if a room selection deposit is submitted through ePay and a balance due exists on the student's account, the Bursar's Office will notify the student through his/her UNH e-mail account that the deposit cannot be processed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Office of Residential Life at (203) 932-7076.
Room Selection Tutorial- Learn how to select roommates and rooms for the 2014-2015 Room Selection Process.
Student Newsletter - Information about the 2014-2015 Room Selection Process that will be sent out via a link to our website.
University Sponsored Housing Brochure- Information about our locations that are approximately 1-1.5 miles from campus.
Keep checking back for more important documents related to this year's Room Selection process.