Lawrence L. Bethel Hall has 17 suites, labeled AN through HN (north side of building) and AS through IS (south side of building). Each suite consists of double rooms with 12 residents per suite. The hall features the largest square footage of all the freshman suites. There is a spacious central lounge with air conditioning providing ample study and community space with couches, chairs, and a large flat screen TV. The north side connects with the south side through this lounge.
Bethel Hall underwent major renovations and upgrades during the summer of 2014. Included in the project were: residential space upgrades; a new common room; heating, lighting and building control upgrades; a new roof; and all-new landscaping and retaining walls to create a small quad area directly in front of the building.
First Year Hall
- Staffing: There are six resident assistants (RA's), one academic peer mentor (APM), and one resident director (RD) in the building.
- Furnishings: Each bedrooms consists of a bed, dresser, desk, chair, and wardrobe per resident.
- Suite: Each suite consists of a large common room with lounge furniture as well as a large bathroom with 2 showers, 2 toilets, and two sinks. There is wall-to-wall carpeting in every suite and bedroom.
- Laundry: A laundry room is located in the basement featuring 6 washers and 6 dryers. The machines are Campus Card (Student ID) operated.
- Other Amenities: The hall is the closest of all residence halls to the academic buildings and theater and is directly across from the University's main dining hall.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please send us an email.