Prior to your interview with the RA Selection Committee
Applicants that are chosen to move forward after the second round review step will be invited to participate in an individual interview. Candidates selected for individual interviews will need to come into the Office of Residential Life in Bixler Hall on Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 to schedule an individual interview; the interview times will be decided on a first-come, first-served basis. Interviews will take place throughout the day on Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 through Saturday, February 16th, 2013.
Candidates should bring their personal portfolio with them to their individual interview.
Tips for Interviewing:
- Understand the selection process. Be sure to meet all deadlines and appointments.
- Have a solid understanding of the RA job. Be prepared to answer any questions regarding the job description.
- Be able to identify and discuss your strengths and areas in need of improvement relevant to the RA position.
- Anticipate questions pertaining to the position that may come up during your individual interview.
- Mock interview with a friend and be comfortable talking about yourself.
- Practice good eye contact.
- Prepare a creative portfolio that best represents your abilities and talents.
- Prepare questions that you would like the RA Selection Committee to answer for you.
- Get plenty of rest the night before your individual interview.
- Dress appropriately. You are interviewing for a job with a tremendous amount of responsibility. You want to make a good impression!
- Be on time.
- Be confident, relax and shake hands with your interviewers. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments!
During the Interview:
- Provide answers that you truly believe.
- Bring your portfolio and be prepared to explain it.
- Answer all questions thoroughly.
- Ask for clarification on a question whenever you are unsure.
- Do not allow what you perceive as a bad or incorrect answer to ruin the rest of your interview. Pick up and move on.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Relax and be yourself.
- Ask any prepared questions at the end of the interview when you are asked to do so.
- Thank the committee and shake hands again at the close of your individual interview.