Here is a brief overview of the RA application process. Information about each aspect of the application process will be covered at the mandatory informational sessions. If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Residential Life.
- RA Application Available – Click on the RA Application link to begin your Application. (DUE, January 31st, 2013 @ 4 PM)
- Attend a Mandatory Information Session – More information about information session times can be found in the RA Selection Information section. (Friday, January 25th through Tuesday, January 29th, 2013)
- Recommendation Letters (with Recommendation Form) - All letters of recommendation must be returned with recommendation form to the Office of Residential Life by Thursday, February 7th, 2013 at NOON. The recommendation form to distribute to references is available here. Please see information about selecting your references in the application section.
- Resume - You will need to provide a paper copy of your current resume with your application. Please turn resumes into the Office of Residential Life located in Bixler Hall during normal business hours , Mon-Fri, 8 AM to 5 PM. (DUE, January 31st, 2013 @ 4 PM)
First Round Application Review – Applicants’ files will be reviewed and only candidates who meet the requirements for the position and have submitted a completed application will be invited to participate in group process day. Applicants that meet these criteria after this initial review step will be emailed with instructions about signing up for group process day. Sign-up for Group Process Day will take place in the Office of Residential Life on Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 and Wednesday, February 6th, 2013. Sign-ups for group process will be on a first-come first-served basis.
- Group Process Day - Friday, February, 8th from 2-5 PM or 6-9 PM. During this portion of the RA application process you will have the opportunity to interact with other candidates in a group setting. Please dress appropriately (jeans and polo shirt are acceptable). You will be engaging in a number of exercises to explore how you work with others in a variety of situations.
Second Round Application Review - After group process day and review of the candidates’ file, candidates will be notified via e-mail regarding their status in the selection process. Applicants that are chosen to move forward after this initial review step will be invited to participate in an individual, in-person interview.
- Individual Interviews - Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 through Saturday, February 16th, 2013 – Each interview will last roughly 45 minutes and will be conducted by members of the Office of Residential Life Staff. If you are contacted and offered an interview you will need to schedule your interview at the Office of Residential Life on Tuesday, February 12th, 2013. Note: Interviews will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please remember to bring your completed Personal Portfolio (see below) with you to your scheduled interview.
- Notification Letters – All candidates will be sent letters notifying them of their status as a candidate for the RA position via e-mail by February 20th, 2013.
- Notification of Acceptance - Candidates selected as Residents Assistants will have until Tuesday, February 25th, 2013 at 10 AM to accept the offer for a position.
Applicants who are offered interviews will need to complete the following steps. During the interview process you will be asked to bring the following items to your interview:
- Personal Portfolio – Create a personal portfolio and bring it with you to your interview. More information about creating a personal portfolio can be found here.
Note: All portfolios must be picked up by Friday, March 1st, 2013 or they will be discarded.