As a result of participation in programs offered by the Student Affairs Division, students will develop the following skills and competencies which will enhance their ability to be lifelong learners:
1. Understanding of Self and Appreciation for Others
- Students will be exposed to opportunities to learn about the value of diversity in society.
- Student will be exposed to opportunities to develop intercultural competency.
- Students will be encouraged to learn the importance of social responsibility.
2. Interpersonal and intrapersonal competence
- Students will be provided opportunities to identify behaviors of healthy relationships and design ways in which they will engage in healthy relationships with others.
- Students will be encouraged to further develop their conflict resolution skills.
- Students will be provided opportunities to reflect on and refine their beliefs, values and personal attributes while understanding their collective impact on decision-making.
3. Civic responsibility and engagement
- Students will be offered opportunities to be actively engaged community members.
- Students will be encouraged to model responsible citizenship.
4. Cognitive complexity
- Students will be provided opportunities to incorporate effective reasoning, reflection and critical thinking as tools to enhance their learning.
- Students will be encouraged to look at issues from multiple perspectives and to articulate and formulate their position on complex issues.
5. Practical competencies which lead to academic and personal achievement
- Students will be provided experiential learning opportunities to define, develop and integrate curricular and co-curricular goals.
- Students will be encouraged to seek opportunities to develop a purposeful and fulfilling lifestyle.