Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Tax Information


This information is intended only for international students and scholars who are non-resident alien taxpayers with income sources and level typical of students and scholars at the University of New Haven. Although the information contained on this site has been reviewed carefully and should be adequate to assist most international students and scholars, it is not a substitute for advice obtained from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or a qualified tax accountant. If your visa status has changed in the past year, or you believe you have a complicated tax issue, please consult the IRS or a qualified tax accountant.

Tax Software Disclaimer:

All international students should be advised that some tax preparation application such as "TurboTax" and "TaxACT" can only generate tax returns for international students who qualify for "Resident" status.

"Resident Status" typically requires that you must have been present in the United States for at least 5 years. Such applications cannot process tax returns for typical F-1 and J-1 Student and Scholars who have been in the United States for less than 5 years. 

Tax forms needed to File Taxes:

  • CT-Form 1040NR
  • CT-From 1040NREZ
  • Form 8843

Please click through the links to the left of this page for more information on filing your state and federeal tax returns.