Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo
Parameters for httpgateway:{}

Request for Social Security Letter

According to the recent changes made to the Social Security Act, all F-1 students must have a job offer before applying for a Social Security Number (SSN). The International Services Office must see proof that you are working on campus or have a job offer (a letter on letterhead from your department) before we can write a letter for you.

To apply for a Social Security Number (SSN), you must take this letter along with your job offer letter, I-20, passport, and I-24 card to the Social Security Office.

To process your request for this letter, please provide your job offer letter to the International Services Office.

Please complete this form fully. Please allow 5 business days for the international services office to process your request.

The symbol * represents mandatory fields which the applicant MUST fill out.