Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Transfer Students

For students transferring from another U.S. institution:
For students who are currently in the U.S. on an F-1 visa and are transferring to the University of New Haven from another U.S. institution (either to continue to pursue the same degree or to continue for another degree), you must have the transfer form completed by the international student adviser at the school of current enrollment. When you arrive at UNH, bring your UNH issued I-20 and the transfer form to the ISO where the transfer procedure will be completed. YOU MUST VISIT THE ISO WITHIN 15 DAYS OF YOUR ENROLLMENT TO COMPLETE THE TRANSFER PROCEDURES. Failure to do so will jeopardize your F-1 status. J-1 students who are currently in the U.S. and are transferring to UNH must first obtain transfer approval from the current program sponsor. After reading and completing the back of page 1 (White copy) of your DS-2019, you must present it to the responsible officer of your current program for transfer approval. He or she will authorize the transfer in the box in the lowest right hand corner. You should then bring this DS-2019 to the adviser at UNH for processing.

Students transferring from another institution who are traveling outside the U.S. before beginning at UNH will be treated as students coming from abroad. If your F-1 visa stamp will still be valid when you are reentering the U.S. you do not need a new one even if your old school’s name is marked on it. You only need to present the UNH-issued I-20 to the immigration officer at the port of entry. Your “transfer” to UNH will then be captured for immigration records.