Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Health Insurance


In the U.S. the cost of medical care is very high. To protect against high and unexpected medical expenses which may occur as a result of an accident or illness, the university requires that all students parti-cipate in the University Accident and Insurance Plan. This plan costs approximately $600.00 per year for international students.
If you are accompanied by dependents, you will need to enroll them in a health insurance plan, also. Information regarding this plan, other plans, enrollment, and cost is available through the Health Services Center. Insurance for your family will be expensive. The optional university plan costs approximately $3000.00 per year for your spouse. Additional costs would be assessed for other family members.


Immunization and Health Examination Report
According to Connecticut state law, all students born after January 1, 1957 and entering an institution of higher education must show proof of immunization for measles and rubella (German measles). You can not register for classes until the university’s Health Services Office receives proof of your immunization. If you are planning to live in the residence halls, you will not be permitted to move in until you have received the meningitis immunization.

Click here to download the Immunization and Health Examination Report