Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Part Time Student Immunization Requirements

According to Connecticut State Law, all students born after January 1, 1957 and entering an institution of higher education must show proof of having received immunizations for measles and rubella (German measles). For your own safety and that of your classmates, you will not be permitted to register for classes until the university's Health Services Office receives proof of immunity for its records.

Part Time Students must complete the Health Immunization Form

Download Health Immunization form here

Send completed forms to
Health Services Office
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516

Part Time Students must have the following

  • First measles vaccine after the student's first birthday, the injection must be after 1/1/69 to be valid. Example: Birthdate 5/15/68 first measles injection 5/15/69.
  • Second measles vaccine after 1/1/80
  • Mumps vaccine (2 doses, will be fulfilled if you have two MMRs)
  • Rubella vaccine anytime after students first birthday
  • Varicella (Chicken pox requires 2 doses, history of having the disease, titre showing immunity)
  • According to Connecticut State law beginning August 1, 2010 all incoming undergraduate fulltime and part time students will be required to show proof of two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR). The first dose of MMR must be given after the students first birthday and the second dose can be given 30 days or longer after the first dose
  • Tuberculosis testing within the past twelve months

Recommended vaccines

  • Hepatitis B vaccine (3 dose series)
  • Meningitis vaccine (single shot)
    • The State of Connecticut has passed a new law which requires all college students living in on-campus housing to be vaccinated against Meningitis. If you are planning on living in the residence halls, you MUST have received this vaccination and be able to produce valid proof. Also, it is university policy that ALL athletes, whether living on or off campus, are required to have the meningitis vaccine as well. Gardisil (HPV vaccine 3 dose series)

If you have received the required vaccines, please submit proof of immunity, i.e. records from school, parent's records or copies of lab results of blood tests (for rubella and rubeola titres), along with the completed physical form to:

Health Services Office
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516

If you have not been immunized, we suggest you contact your family physician as soon as possible.

If you were born prior to January 1, 1957, the vaccine requirement does not apply. However, we ask that you complete the physical form, circle your birthdate, and return it for our records.

Questions? Contact the Health Service Office weekdays between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at (203) 932-7079, Fax (203) 931-6090.