Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Information for International Students

If you are an international student who has a documented disability for which you are found eligible under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended by the ADAAA, you are therefore eligible to receive reasonable accommodations for your disability while studying in the U.S. If you wish to receive accommodations for your disability while you are studying toward a degree at the University of New Haven, it is important that you read the following information carefully:

Disabilities covered by the ADA include major life activities such as, but are not limited to, caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, seeing, hearing, eating, sleeping, walking, standing, lifting, bending, speaking, breathing, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, communicating and working.  They also include the operation of major bodily functions such as, but are not limited to, functions of the immune system, normal cell growth, digestive, bowel, bladder, neurological, brain, respiratory, circulatory, endocrine, and reproductive functions.

It is the responsibility of the individual student to self-identify and refer him/her self to the Campus Access Services (CAS) office, to provide documentation of his/her disability, and to request that accommodations be provided. Documentation should be submitted upon your receiving acceptance to the university and before your arrival on campus. The purpose of this documentation is to assist the staff of CAS with mobilizing university resources and determining appropriate reasonable accommodations.

Documentation submitted must be typewritten, must be in English, and is required for all disabilities. Documentation for learning disabilities must be no older than three to five years and must include comprehensive test data with standard scores. Students should follow up submission of documentation with an appointment with a Campus Access Services staff member to discuss their needs. This can be done upon your arrival in the U.S. and should be done no later than the beginning of the semester/trimester you will begin attending classes.

Please click here for more information on registering with CAS.

The same policies and procedures for requesting and receiving reasonable accommodations each semester/trimester apply for all students including international students. To review policies and procedures, click here.