Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Begin Looking for a Place to Live

This page will provide you with information about housing near the University of New Haven.

Some important information to keep in mind: The average monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment in this area of Connecticut ranges from $750+ to $1,000+ per month. Expect to pay more than $1,000 for a 2-bedroom apartment and $1,400+ to 1,650+ for a luxury apartment. One bedroom apartments usually house 1 to 2 people, and 2-bedroom apartments usually house 2-3 people. 

For information on rental leases/contracts and tenants’ rights, click review our off-campus housing newsletter and read the entire newsletter.

 Also, our International Admissions staff put together this page of information regarding things to bring with you.

New International Undergraduate Students

International Undergraduate Students can choose to live on or off campus.

  1. If you prefer to live on campus, please contact International Undergraduate Admissions for more information about housing availability and the application process.
  2. If you prefer to live off campus, follow the helpful tips in the next section.

New International Graduate Students (and undergraduates who want to live off campus)

At this time, graduate students are not provided housing on the UNH campus. However, we have some great off-campus resources to help aid in your search for housing!

  1. Search our Jump Off Campus apartment database to look for an apartment or to find a roommate. 
  2. You can also directly contact two local apartment complexes: Wintergreen of Westville (we currently provide a shuttle to and from UNH), or Hadley, Inc., who have been working with our students to place them in nearby locations. You can reach Wintergreen at (203) 389-7593. The contact information for Hadley, Inc. is (203) 777-4599 or via email at

  3. If you are looking for a luxury apartment, please contact Donna Della Camera from Soundview Luxury Apartments at or call 203-577-5437. For more information, please go to

  4. You will also find Tenant Resources and Area information by going to our Off Campus then click on the Student/Tenant section.

  5. Contact the Office of Residential Life (ORL) by email at, or contact Rebecca Kitchell at or (203) 932-7076, if you have any questions regarding off-campus housing. The University's Office of Residential Life (ORL) maintains listings of off-campus accommodations including apartments, houses and private rooms in the immediate area for those who are interested.


What do I need to do to complete Step 8?
  • If you've already secured housing for the upcoming academic year, you may skip this step.
  • If you still need housing for the upcoming academic year, check out the resources listed on this page to help you begin to secure housing. 
  • When you're done with this step, click the sign below to move ahead to Step 9.
Click here to go back to Step 7Click here to go forward to Step 9
  1. Questions?

    If you have questions about finding housing near UNH, please contact your admissions representative or use the contact information provided on this page.
  1. Not ready to complete this step?

    You may skip ahead using the navigation in the box, or go back to the Road Map for New International Students.