Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Apply for a Graduate Assistantship

How does 75% off your tuition sound?

Once students have been accepted into a graduate program, they can apply to be hired for Experiential Graduate Assistantship Program (EGAP) positions. Positions within this program include: Research Assistantships, Teaching Assistantships and high-level Administrative Award positions that are located within different departments across campus. 

Students who are hired for positions receive a 75 percent tuition scholarship each term and a stipend for working 15-20 hours per week. 

Our Experiential Graduate Assistantship Program website has the most updated information regarding this program and allows you to submit your application for this program. Students will be selected as potential EGAP candidates when their application is reviewed for graduate admission to the program for which they have applied. EGAP candidates will be notified that they are being considered for the program and will be invited to participate in the interview process for positions in the spring and summer. 

Beginning in Fall 2015, students that have been accepted into a graduate program are eligible to be hired for Experiential Graduate Assistantship Program (EGAP) positions. 

Attention Summer 2015 students: The Graduate Work Program is still in effect. Please visit the website ( for more information. 

What do I need to do to complete Step 5?
  • If you are not interested in applying for, or finding out more information about, a graduate assistantship, skip this step by clicking the sign below to advance to Step 6.
  • If you would like to find out more information or apply for a graduate assistantship, click on the yellow "Graduate Assistantships" sign below.
  • Clicking the yellow "Graduate Assistantships" sign below will open the page in a new window.  
  • If you have already completed this process, or after you do so now, return to this page and click the sign below to continue to Step 6.
Click here to go back to Step 4Click here to go to the graduate work program pageClick here to go forward to Step 6
  1. Questions?

     If you have questions about applying for a graduate assistantship, please contact Lindsey Ryan at  or 203-932-1217
  1. Not Ready to Complete This Step?

    You may skip ahead using the navigation in the box, or go back to the Road Map for New Graduate Students.