Course Reserve material. Professors may place material on Course Reserve that they want everyone in the class to be able to use. These are listed in our online library catalog by the Professor’s name or by class. Ask for these at the Circulation Desk using the Professor’s last name and material’s title. The loan periods vary from a few hours, to days. Closed reserves must be used in the Library.
Permanent Reserve material, such as videos and in-demand items also are at the Circulation Desk. Give the staff person the call number and they will get it for you.
At the Circulation Desk you can also check your library account to see what materials you have charged on your ID card, renew books before they are due, or place a hold on a book. Or you can do this yourself from links on our home page.
Use the self-service option from links on our home page to:
Renew books & View your Account. Use the link on our home page, type your UNH ID number in the top box and your last name (surname) in the second box to look at your account. You can also select the ‘renew books’ option, IF your book is not already due to be returned. Books are usually loaned for four weeks, but loan periods vary – check them online or on the due date slip on the video or inside back cover of the book.
Place a Hold. If you find a book in the library’s online catalog and someone else has borrowed it, you can place a hold on it. This means you will be notified when the book is returned, and Circulation staff will hold it so that you can be the next person to borrow it. How do you place a hold? From the library catalog’s bibliographic screen, click on the ‘Request’ tab toward the top of the screen. Log in using your UNH ID number and your last name. A drop down box appears with the option to place a hold. Select this, submit, and then log out.
You can return books to the Circulation Desk when the library is open, using the slot just inside the entrance. When the library is closed, use the book return at the back of the library, near the parking lot. Fragile materials, such as CDs, should not be returned here. Return materials by the due date, or pay a fine.
Other Circulation Desk Services:
- Study rooms can be booked at the Circulation Desk, with a UNH ID.
- Current Newspapers in paper format can be borrowed with your UNH ID card. These may also be online - check ‘Journals at the MKP Library’ on our home page.
- DVDs, CDs, Videos can be listened to and viewed in the Library. Ask at the Circulation Desk. Borrow videos from our circulating collection with your UNH ID card.
- Printers are behind the Circulation Desk and staff place printouts on the counter. The first copy is free, a 10 cent charge for duplicates. Be prepared to show your UNH ID.
- You can buy a disk for 25 cents, a CD-RW for $1.00 dollar, or headphones for $1.00 dollar at the Circulation Desk.