We put together this New Faculty Orientation section as a handy reference for new faculty to help you get acclimated to working at the University of New Haven.
Moving to a new area or starting a new job means lots of change. No list can cover everything, of course, but many of these links and ideas were suggested by our faculty and staff as a good way to get you headed in the right direction!
New Faculty Orientation (All Colleges)
All new full-time faculty should plan on attending the University's New Faculty Orientation on August 22. In addition to this orientation, some of the colleges have college-specific events for their new faculty to attend. See below for details.
- Register for University-wide New Faculty Orientation on August 22 (new full-time faculty only)
College-Specific New Faculty Orientation and Retreats
All new full-time faculty should plan on attending the University's New Faculty Orientation on August 22. In addition to this orientation, some of the colleges have college-specific events for their new faculty to attend.
- College of Arts and Sciences New Faculty: Wednesday, August 24 beginning at 8:30 a.m. To RSVP, contact Renee Prajer.
- Taglietela College of Engineering New Faculty: Wednesday, August 24 from 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., including lunch, at location TBD. To RSVP, contact Paula Hackenjos.
- Henry C. Lee College New Faculty: Tuesday, August 23 beginning at 9 a.m. in South Campus Hall Room 109. To RSVP, contact Sheri Socci.
Some Things to Complete Before Starting Work at UNH
Click the links below for more information!
- Contact Your Department Chairperson and Administrative Assistant
- Make Appointment with Human Resources
- Visit Campus Card for your Faculty ID (*after your appointment with Human Resources)
- Order Your Parking Permit (registration opens August 4 - check UNH email for details)
- Review Technology Training Opportunities
- Browse These Important Links and Helpful Tips