James O. Matschulat, M.B.A.
M.B.A., St. John's University
A.B., Colgate University
Prior to joining the University of New Haven National Security Program Faculty in 2004, Mr. Matschulat served for 20 years as CEO of Middlesex Mutual Assurance Co, a property/casualty insurer located in Middletown, CT. Previously, he was a partner (Principal) with the consulting firm McKinsey & Company, Inc. serving most of the world's largest property/casualty insurance companies in the Firm's insurance and strategic management practices. Prior to McKinsey, Matschulat was a risk management consultant. He began his career as an underwriter with Chubb & Son, Inc. where he was a Senior Underwriting Officer.
In addition to teaching at the University of New Haven, he is a volunteer instructor at the Janet S. York Correctional Institution in Niantic, CT where he teaches decision making.
- NSP 601 National Security Programs: Architecture and Mission
- NSP 603 National Security Charter, Legal Issues, and Executive Orders
- NSP 606 Contemporary Issues in National Security Programs
- NSP 630 Risk Assessment and Management in National Security
- NSP 646 The Structure of National Security Decisions
- NSP 647 The Economics of National Security
- NSP 648 Achieving Excellence in National Security Administration