University of New Haven, West Haven, CT
- Teaching Community Nutrition as a Service Learning course, requiring student participation in community service, enriching their nutrition education. Coordinate and supervise all aspects of presenting a student taught, Cooking Matters program to members of the West Haven Community.
- Teaching Nutrition and Disease I to undergraduate Nutrition majors, incorporating current nutrition practices/research into the curriculum, through lecture, class exercises, online learning activities and recorded review sessions.
St. Joseph College, West Hartford, CT
- Provide nutrition education to low-income individuals throughout CT, through the SNAP-education program. Utilize the “Choose My Plate” materials, review and evaluate teaching curricula. Education is provided by the use of lobby boards, nutrition classes and food demonstrations.
- Write topical and educational nutrition articles and provide low-cost, nutritious recipes for publication in CT Food Bank’s monthly newsletter “Sharing the Harvest”.
- Mentor students as they “practice” nutrition education in the community.
RD Consulting and Volunteer activities, CT
- Volunteer with CT Food Bank: 6 hrs/week I assist CT Food Bank with nutrition-focused initiatives, help with grant writing, assist with development and implementation of nutrition education programs, review/insure accuracy of their nutrition database, mentor University of New Haven students working on nutrition projects at CT Food Bank.
- Volunteer with WHEAT, a local West Haven food pantry, I provide nutrition education for all clients as well as individual nutrition counseling, serve as panty coordinator responsible for obtaining nutritious food for distribution, provide mentoring for students wishing to provide nutrition education in this setting. A member of the BOD for WHEAT.
- Chair of the Council on Professional Issues for the CT Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: responsible for the planning and execution of two state wide, all day, educational meetings, a member of the BOD for CT Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Consulting Dietitian at Anytime Fitness, Orange CT: Providing private nutrition counseling for weight management, athletic performance and overall health.
- Preceptor for Dietetic Interns participating in distance learning programs.
Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT. 2009 - 2010.
University of New Haven, West Haven, CT. 2007 - 2009.
Graduate Student/Undergrad DPD candidate (2007-2009)