August 8-12, 2016
The Samuel S. Bergami, Jr., Learning Center for Finance and Technology (LCFT) invites you to the 2016 Summer Finance Academy. The Summer Finance Academy has the objectives of acquainting college aspirants with career opportunities in business, college life, our economy, financial market, financial math, personal finance and other important topics. The Finance Academy is for five days, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm at the University of New Haven campus at 300 Boston Post Road, West Haven, CT. All sessions are conducted by UNH faculty members.
The program is open to high school juniors and seniors
- Overview of career opportunities in business: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management, Marketing, and Analytics
- Financial aid for college – different tools for different situation
- Overview of principles of economics and the role of the government in the economy
- Finance: Investment, financial markets and how they function
- Financial Mathematics with applications in savings, investment, mortgage, etc.
- Business simulation
- Information technology: MS Excel and other programs, IT for on the go
- Personal finance: financial planning, credit/debit card uses, personal credit reports, identity theft
- Pros and cons – buy or lease a car, buy or rent a home
- Management and Organization: performance evaluation and contemporary issues
Each day’s sessions are interspersed by visits to UNH residential, dining and recreational facilities.