The mission of the Tagliatela College of Engineering is to provide high-quality programs in an environment that supports student development, encourages faculty scholarship, and provides for the personal growth of all community members.
The college provides an innovative teaching and experiential learning environment to maximize student success. We prepare students for evolving professional careers by fostering a multidisciplinary perspective and instilling broad problem-solving, design, organizational and communications skills. Graduates will be prepared to practice ethical behavior, engage in career-long learning, and contribute to the betterment of society. All community members are expected to value diversity, civil discourse and active cooperation in achieving the mission of the school. We expect that graduates will bring recognition to themselves and to the institution throughout their professional careers. In the context of our historically successful programs, we have established a continuous quality improvement environment that seeks to achieve the following goals:
- attract and retain excellent students, faculty and staff
- continue to grow, self-evaluate and improve at all levels
- sustain a positive environment for the critical evaluation of new ideas
- maintain nationally accredited programs
- develop leading-edge curricula to meet the needs of the region
- adapt curricula in response to technological advances
- maximize learning by incorporating new and effective pedagogies
- use appropriate classroom technology to support learning
- provide laboratory facilities that reflect the current state of practice
- further develop experiential learning opportunities
- actively partner with business, corporate, government, industrial, and community organizations
The vision of the Tagliatela College of Engineering is to be the acknowledged regional leader in innovative engineering and applied science education.