Commencement Day Information and Schedule
The University of New Haven’s Winter 2017 Commencement will take place on Sunday, December 10, 2017, at Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre, 95 South Turnpike Road, Wallingford, CT.
Please take note of the following Commencement Day information and share with your family and friends.
- Guest tickets and academic regalia (cap and gown) will be available for pick up at Charge Out! on Monday, November 6, 2017 from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. in the Alumni Lounge in Bartels Campus Center.
- Students participating in Commencement do not need a ticket.
- There is no rehearsal for Commencement.
- Beach balls, horns and other noisemakers will not be permitted in the Theater. Individuals who engage in inappropriate or disruptive behavior may be removed from the area.
- All guests, including children 2 years of age and older, will require a ticket to enter the Oakdale Theater in Wallingford, CT. There are no exceptions.
- Due to the number of guests attending the Commencement ceremony, entering and exiting the parking lots will require additional time, please plan accordingly!
- Graduation memorabilia, including flowers and t-shirts, will be available at the University's Campus Store kiosk, located in the lobby of Oakdale Theatre.
- Snacks and beverages will be available to purchase from the Oakdale Theatre.
Information for Commencement Day Participants
Remember your regalia! Students that do not have their cap and gown and will be ineligible to participate.
- All students participating in the Commencement ceremony are asked to arrive at check-in starting at 12:30 p.m. and no later than 1:30 p.m. Staff will be onsite to direct students to the appropriate check-in area.
If the Commencement ceremony should need to be canceled due to inclement weather, an announcement will be on the University of New Haven’s website and sent to the campus community via the emergency notification system prior to 8:00 a.m. on December 10, 2017.
|11:45 a.m.||Any student requesting a ride from the University’s main campus to Oakdale Theatre must contact Campus Police at (203) 932-7014 no later than 11:15 a.m.|
|12:00 Noon||Student buses will leave the University of New Haven’s main campus in front of Maxcy Hall for Oakdale Theatre.|
|12:30 p.m.||Doors to the Theatre will open and no guests will be admitted without a ticket. Seating is not assigned for guests.|
|1:30 p.m.||All students participating in the afternoon ceremony must be checked in and have a student card with them as well as all regalia prior to being lined-up for the processional.|
|1:45 p.m.||Procession begins; the doors to the Theatre will close and remain closed until the conclusion of the procession. All guests must be in their seats.|
|2:00 p.m.||Ceremony to begin and will last approximately 2 hours.|
|4:00 p.m. (approx.)||Afternoon ceremony to end.|
We ask that all students participating in the Commencement ceremony and their guests remain in their seats throughout the entire ceremony.