Tips on Writing a Successful UNH Gradvertisement
In 75 words or less, write a compelling advertisement to an alumni member who may be able to offer you Career Assistance.
Follow these helpful steps to make the most of your Gradvertisement
- Begin with a fresh, eye catching opening. Examples: NYC-Bound Neuropsychology Enthusiast or Looking to Write my Own Story.
- Make a list of your academic achievements and relevant work experience. This should bring to mind any internships, summer jobs, work study or volunteer experiences you have had.
- Highlight your best “employable” skills and favorable traits. Examples: fluent in a foreign language, proficient in QuickBooks, computer saavy, highly motivated, well organized, etc.
- Remember to represent yourself professionally and accurately.
- A little humor can work, but don’t make fun of the entire process.
Check out this sample Gradvertisement:
John Doe ’12
Psychology major, Art minor, overall GPA 3.9. Enthusiastic, empathetic and hard-working. Interested in clinical counseling. Research experience: 2 years with Prof. Stewart Loveshine focusing on conditions of human intimacy. Proficient with SPSS. Currently conducting research using Eprime with Dr. Lisa Mack (Chair, Psychology Dept.) on emotional stroop studies. Seeking research/clinical assistant opportunities in NYC.