Fast Track Study Options
The College of Business offers a unique study option for qualified students to complete their Bachelor's Degree in any business major in just a 3-year time frame.
These majors include:
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Management (Business Administration)
- Management of Sports Industries
Students who have earned at least 12 college credits through Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or college courses from a community college or 4-year school (12 credits total) will enroll in 18-19 credits each semester (above the typical 15 credits per semester). Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA after each academic year to remain in the program.
Students who are admitted to the Fast Track study option without the required 12 college credits through Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or college courses from a community college or 4-year school must complete 12 credits during a combination of summer or intersession coursework. This can include the university's popular two-week intensive study abroad options. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA after each academic year to remain in the program.
- You have an academic advisor from your first day as a First-Year student through the completion of the program.
- You start taking core business classes in your first year
- You share in the benefits of internships and co-operative education, professional seminars and forums, service learning, and study abroad
- Your transition is seamless from undergraduate to graduate school
- You can earn your Master's degree faster than students at other institutions because you begin taking graduate-level business classes as an undergraduate. You also can waive certain core courses at the graduate level with completion of particular undergraduate courses with a grade of B or higher
In order to qualify for these unique study options, students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum High School GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum Critical Reading and Math combined SAT score of 1100 OR a minimum Composite Score of 24 on the ACT
In addition to the criteria listed above, students must complete an interview with Rob Holub, College of Business Enrollment Services Coordinator. An interview may be completed on campus or over the phone. To schedule an interview, contact Rob at email@example.com or text/call (203) 915-8443.
3+1 Study Option
In addition, students who complete their degree in the 3-year time frame may also complete their Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) in just one additional year for the core business majors of Accounting, Management, Marketing, and Finance.
For students pursuing degrees in Sports Management, Hotel & Restaurant Management, and Tourism & Event Management, the MBA may be earned in a three trimester time frame, which means the program would be completed in slightly over 4 years.
In order to advance to the MBA portion of the program, students must meet the minimum requirements for admission to the Graduate School.
What it all means
Students who are admitted and complete the Fast Track study option will be completing 18-19 credits per semester. There are no additional tuition charges because it is part of the program's degree requirements. By completing the Fast Track study option, students will save one full year's worth of tuition and room and board charges, and more importantly, graduate with the ability to market themselves as having completed a challenging workload ... getting out of the classroom and into the workforce!
Students interested in the Fast Track study option should choose the appropriate major when submitting their application for full-time admission. You can start your application at www.newhaven.edu/apply.Apply For Fast Track