Fast Track Study Options
Just think of what saving a year could mean to you.
Getting your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree a year early has many advantages. The immediate ones are that you’ll spend less time in school and, therefore, less on tuition. But finishing a year early can also reap long-range rewards, such as starting your career earlier, moving up the ladder sooner, and increasing your earnings before you ever expected to. Not everyone is suited for the Fast Track Study Option. And, it means working harder than other college students. For the right student, however, these programs are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Here are your options:
3-Year Completion of Bachelor’s Degree
Complete any one of our bachelor’s degree programs in three years instead of four. This program is designed for students who have excelled in previous coursework and are looking to move forward into their career or graduate programs sooner than the traditional student.
3+1 Four-Year B.S./MBA Program
This program is for students who want to major in a core area of business and complete their MBA in the shortest amount of time. It’s available to students interested in accounting, finance, management, and marketing.
4+1 Traditional Four-Year B.S. with a One-Year MBA Program
This program is for you if you would like to complete your bachelor’s degree in any of the majors in the College of Business in a traditional four-year format and finish your Master’s degree in Business Administration in the fifth year.
4+1 Liberal Arts with a One-Year MBA Program
In this program, students studying within the College of Arts and Sciences may complete their Master’s in Business Administration with only one additional year instead of two.
In order to qualify for these unique study options, students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum High School GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum Critical Reading and Math combined SAT score of 1100 OR a minimum Composite Score of 24 on the ACT
In addition to the criteria listed above, students must complete an interview with Andrew DiPietrantonio, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions. An interview may be completed on campus or over the phone. To schedule an interview, contact Andrew at email@example.com or text/call (475) 414-6474.
How It's Done
Students who have earned at least 12 college credits through Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or college courses from a community college or 4-year school (12 credits total) will enroll in 18-19 credits each semester (above the typical 15 credits per semester). Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA after each academic year to remain in the program.
Students who are admitted to the Fast Track study option without the required 12 college credits through Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or college courses from a community college or 4-year school must complete 12 credits during a combination of summer or intersession coursework. This can include the university's popular two-week intensive study abroad options. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA after each academic year to remain in the program.
Students participating in one of these programs replace specific elective
classes with graduate coursework. After completing their undergraduate degree, they begin
their graduate year the following fall. They earn their MBA just one year after the completion
of their undergraduate degree.
3-year Bachelor’s degree and 3+1 program
Admission to the 3-year Fast Track Study Option Bachelor’s degree and 3+1 Four Year B.S./MBA program is extremely competitive, and space is limited. Students who are considered for these programs start with the ability to waive four core class requirements through AP/IB classes or previous college coursework. If a student has a strong academic record, but doesn’t have the necessary credits, he or she can sign up for an additional intersession or summer session to fulfill this requirement. Once selected, students complete 18 credits per semester instead of the traditional 15, allowing them to graduate in less time than with a standard four-year program. There is no additional fee for participating in these programs.
Benefits of the Fast Track Program
- You have an academic advisor from your first day as a first-year student through the completion of the program.
- Start taking core business classes in your first year.
- Share in the benefits of internships and co-operative education, professional seminars and forums, service learning, and study abroad.
- Your transition is seamless from undergraduate to graduate school.
- Earn your Master’s degree faster than students at other institutions because you begin taking graduate level business classes as an undergraduate.
- Take classes in state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Bergami Center for Finance and Technology and the Professional Enrichment Center. Enjoy refreshments with friends in the Hazell Nut Café — a student-run coffee shop and internet café.
- Get involved in the College of Business Professional Enrichment Program, a co-curricular learning experience not found on any other college campus. Students in this program have a golden opportunity to network with business leaders and successful alumni.
- Gain valuable work experience through one of our internships at companies such as Aetna, ESPN, IBM, Major League Baseball, Marriott, MTV, and more.
- Work side-by-side with our award-winning faculty members, who bring years of practical experience to the classroom.