Program Director: Wentworth Boynton, Associate Professor, Ph.D., CFA
The Future of Finance Today
We are living in a rapidly changing world, and finance is at the heart of what is transforming the world we live. Our finance programs are designed for students to become
- solid in financial theory and practice,
- experienced users of data and analytical tools,
- good contributors and team players on group projects, and
- persuasive presenters and deal makers.
In addition to a strong academic program,
- Student-managed portfolios where our students pick stocks and bonds and manage money.
- Competitions where our finance students compete against other students at other schools, in stock trading, investment reports, and analyst presentations.
- Finance data sets and tools similar to those used by financial firms. Competency with the tools, such as the Bloomberg, allows you to gain a good internship and a good job.
- Become a CFA. We have CFA review courses. Our faculty will help you with Level I and Level II exams.
- Strong connection to local finance professionals. In addition to our outstanding faculty, we draw in professionals from the securities industry to guide students.
- Several courses have integrated the CFA® curriculum as provided by CFA Institute and are based on the Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) from the CFA® Program. Topics in these courses assist students in preparation for the CFA® exam.*
- The College offers state-of-the-art resources such as the Bergami Learning Center for Finance and Technology, providing Bloomberg Professional™ real-time trading information and hands-on financial management experience.
*CFA Institute, CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute. CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by the University of New Haven or verify or endorse the pass rates claimed by the University of New Haven.
We give real-world business experiences, with a strong academic program, to give you the best education possible.