THE CENTER FOR FAMILY BUSINESS
The Center for Family Business of the University of New Haven was established in 1994. We currently have over 50 member family businesses from around the state, and our membership continues to grow. The Center is supported by the University of New Haven, and by corporate sponsors: Bailey, Murphy + Scarano; GenSpring; Wiggin and Dana; Daniel M. Smith and Associates; and Gowrie Group.
The Center is part of the Family Business Alliance, a network of family business centers who share information and ideas on how to better serve our members.
In September 2012, the Center is pleased to be hosting it' first joint event with CBIA (Connecticut Business and Industry Association)
FAMILY BUSINESS ALLIANCE LAUNCHES NEW LOGO/NEW WEBSITE:
Mission and Member Benefits
The Center for Family Business of the University of New Haven was established in 1994. We currently have over 50 member family businesses from around the state, and our membership continues to grow.
To foster the health and continuity of family businesses by providing a variety of educational and informational services to family business owners and their advisors. We seek to balance the well-being of the business, the family and the individuals involved, to provide opportunities for our members to develop business and advisory relationships with each other, and to strengthen the economic base of Connecticut.
Benefits of Membership
- Education for family members, key employees and advisors through a series of conferences, workshops and panel discussions throughout the year.
- Networking with other owners/members of family businesses and with leading authorities on the subject of family-owned businesses.
- Confidential small group forums (Management CEO/COO Forum, Women’s Forum, Seniors’ Forum and Successors’ Forum) where family business members provide one another with objective, honest feedback directed toward the common goals of success and continuity of both families and businesses.
- Video recordings of our rich and varied past programs which members may borrow.
- Books and tapes from the Center’s library of Family Business publications.
- Family Equity, our on-line newsletter, offering articles on succession, ownership, family relationships and business management issues.
- Referrals to skilled family business consultants and other professionals.
Read our latest brochure (Adobe Acrobat Reader required.)
For further information, please contact Paul Sessions, Director, at (203) 932-7421.