The freedom to choose
Our bachelor’s program in liberal studies gives you the freedom to choose courses across several disciplines and combine them into a program of study that meets your unique vision for the future.
With the help of our arts and sciences adviser, you’ll develop a customized program of broad-based study in liberal arts and sciences.
In addition to completing the University’s core curriculum, you’ll choose a focus from two of four areas:
- Humanities: communication, English, foreign languages, history, and philosophy
- Social and Behavioral Sciences: economics, political science, psychology, sociology, and legal studies
- Visual and Performing Arts: art, graphic design, interior design, music, and theater
- Mathematics and the Natural Sciences: biology, chemistry, environmental science, marine biology, mathematics, and physics
Also, because one of the goals of this major is to give you the practical skills required by the job market, you’ll put together a series of elective courses to help you realize your specific career ambitions.
You can choose your electives from:
- Arts and Sciences
- Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences
By the time you graduate you’ll have acquired an uncommon breadth of knowledge, with the ability to see the interrelatedness of everything you know.
Learn More In Person
Sunday, February 25, 2018
- Marching Band Explore Day 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Communication, Film and Media Studies Open House 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Friday, March 09, 2018
- Music, Music Industry and Music and Sound Recording Enhanced Visit 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Disciplines: Communication, English, Modern Languages, History, Philosophy
Disciplines: General Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Marine Biology, Mathematics, Physics
Disciplines: Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Legal Studies
Disciplines: Art, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Music, Theater
The University of New Haven offers a wide variety of in-depth courses that create a transformational educational experience for our students. To view the complete list of courses you'll take while pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, check out the Academic Catalog:
Whether you're still in high school or are transferring from another college, we offer full- and part-time opportunities for undergraduates from inside the U.S. and abroad. The admission process can begin as early as the end of your high school junior year.
The Application Process
We offer a comprehensive financial aid program, with students receiving assistance in the form of grants, scholarships, student loans, and part-time employment. Funds are available from federal and state governments, private sponsors, and from university resources. More than 85 percent of the University's full-time undergraduate students receive some form of financial assistance.