It is with great pleasure that I announce the University's first alumni and friends trip to Florence and our lovely Tuscany Campus in Prato, Italy. We are excited to share the details of the trip and the itinerary with you.
Dates: June 1-8, 2014
Hosts: Cynthia and Rick Tuchman and Dr. Kevin Murphy, Prato Campus Director
Trip begins on Sunday, June 1, at 8 p.m. with a welcome dinner at the Hotel California in Florence.
Trip concludes on Saturday, June 7, with a farewell dinner in Prato, followed by checkout on Sunday, June 8, 2014.
We will spend the first three days seeing the wonderful sites, museums, churches and piazzas in splendid Florence and will stay at the Hotel California. We will spend the next four days exploring the marvelous Tuscan countryside and the city of Prato, where the UNH campus is located. We will also visit neighboring historical locations such as Pisa, Lucca and a beautiful Tuscan vineyard, as well as enjoying an Opera performed in a Renaissance church!
Included in this wonderful trip:
- Three nights in Florence at the Hotel California (breakfast included)
- Four nights in Prato at the Hotel Milano (breakfast included)
- Five dinners and four lunches (other meals will be on your own)
- All transportation once you have joined the group, except on your free day
- All entrance fees for museums and galleries
- Informational sessions and opportunities to explore the Prato campus
- Cost is $1,500 per person based on double occupancy. If you choose a single supplement, the charge is $1,700 per person.
- Airfare (suggested airports are Florence (FLR) or Pisa (PSA)). We suggest flying into Florence (also known as Peretola), which is 20 minutes by taxi or bus ride from Florence and Prato. You may choose to fly into Pisa, which is a 90-minute trip from Florence and Prato, if you find lower fares.
- Transfers to and from airport and hotels
- Any personal expenses
- Please be advised that when we go into churches, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Money: Euro is the currency in Italy – currently 1 Euro = $1.33
This trip has been filled. If you are interested in learning more about the Prato campus, please contact Zack Rosen in the Alumni Office at 203-479-4175 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will be an intimate tour for 20 people. Because there are a limited number of spaces, reservations will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A 50 percent deposit is required at the time you make your reservation. The final payment is due by May 16, 2014.
Payments are non-refundable. Of course, if you promptly notify us of a necessary change in your plans, and if we are able to refill your spot(s) with other guests, we will gladly refund your payment(s).
I hope you will be able to join us for a lovely late spring week in Italy. It promises to be a terrific experience.
With best wishes,
Vice President for University Advancement
Itinerary for UNH Trip to Florence/Prato
Sunday, June 1 through Sunday, June 8
Details of this itinerary are subject to change. All times are in international standard notation. Florence and Prato time is six hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
Sunday, June 1 – Florence
Arrival at hotel
Hotel California, Via Ricasoli
20.00: Meet at hotel for welcome dinner with Kevin Murphy and Silvia Risaliti and Rick and Cyndi Tuchman
Monday, June 2 – Florence
09.30: Meet at hotel for guided walking tour of Florence, including Piazza Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, Piazza Santa Croce, Piazza Santa Maria Novella, Ponte Vecchio and Piazza Pitti
13.00: Group lunch at ZaZa restaurant
20.00: Group dinner at Quattro Leoni restaurant
Tuesday, June 3 – Florence
09.30: Meet at hotel for guided visit to Uffizi Gallery
13.00: Group lunch
15.00: Guided Visit to Academy Museum to see Michelangelo's David
Followed by free time in Florence
19.00 Pizza night! Come with us for a cooking lesson to make (and eat) your own pizza.
Wednesday, June 4 – To Prato
09.30 Depart hotel in minibus for Prato
Check in at hotel in Prato
Art Hotel Milano, Via Tiziano
Visit to UNH Tuscany Campus
Walking Tour of Prato
Thursday, June 5
Guided visit to the historic neighboring cities of Pisa and Lucca and a chance to hear some Opera.
09.30 depart hotel in minibus for Pisa and Lucca
Guided visit to Pisa
Lunch on your own in Pisa
Guided visit to Lucca
Dinner on your own in Lucca
Followed by an optional visit to an evening Opera recital in a church in Lucca
Friday, June 6
Saturday, June 7 – Tuscan Countryside
Head into the countryside for guided visits to Medici Villas of Poggio a Caiano and Artimino, followed by a visit to the Capezzana vineyard and wine tasting
09.30: Depart hotel in minibus
Guided visit to Medici villa of Poggio a Caiano
Visit to Medici villa and village at Artimino
Guided visit to Capezzana vineyard and wine tasting
Farewell Dinner in Prato
Sunday, June 8