Biology, Genetics & Biotechnology Open House
This event is no longer available. Please check back later for more dates.
In the meantime, if you have not applied for admission already, why not apply now?.
The University of New Haven provides a unique on-campus visit opportunity for students interested in our Biology and Genetics & Biotechnology programs.
Why Choose Biology at The University of New Haven?
- Our programs are designed to integrate theoretical knowledge with practical laboratory and field experience
- Our faculty value and practice excellence in teaching
- We have a strong advising/mentoring program
- We have many student resources for academic help
- Opportunities beyond the classroom include research, internships and study abroad
- Students present their research both at the university and at major research conferences
- Students can join a biology club or live in a living learning community
- Students can also choose a pre-professional track that includes medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, optometry and veterinary medicine
Genetics and Biotechnology
Biotechnology uses technical advances to modify living organisms for human purposes. The two areas advancing right now at a mind-boggling pace are biotechnology and biopharmaceuticals. Our program integrates courses in biochemistry, genetics, and cellular and molecular biology. With the knowledge and skill sets you gain in this program, you'll be superbly qualified for these exciting fields.
You want to offer future employers something that sets you apart from other applicants. We have what you need - unique and innovative courses not offered at many other universities:
- Biotechnology and Advanced Molecular Biology
- Nucleic Acid Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology of Proteins
As part of the program, you will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with representatives of the vibrant local biotechnology and pharmaceutical community.