Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Part-Time & Accelerated Degrees

The University of New Haven has a rolling admissions process, which means that we do not have a specific deadline. This allows students the opportunity to apply anytime during their senior year of high school and allows transfer students to apply anytime throughout the year.

However, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Our application process varies by type of applicant, and the admission requirements vary based on the applicant's educational history and intended major. Applications will not be reviewed until all of the following applicable information has been received.

Please review the information about admission in The Center for Adult and Professional Studies Evening and Accelerated Program, as the requirements are slightly different. Please refer to the specific requirements for evening students outlined below:

  • Complete the year-appropriate online the most convenient way to apply is online using this form; however, students can fill out our paper copy and mail it to:

    College of Lifelong & eLearning 
    University of New Haven
    300 Boston Post Road
    West Haven, CT 06516

  • Apply online and save 50% on the application fee.

  • Submit an official copy of your secondary/high school transcript to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. A satisfactory General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is acceptable in place of a high school diploma. (Note: The Right of Privacy Act requires that you must request all your official transcripts. UNH cannot request them on your behalf.)
  • Submit official transcripts from all the colleges/universities that you have attended.
  • Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) scores may be requested if the applicant has graduated from high school within 12 months of filing this application.
  • Students applying as Non-Matriculating students need to submit the "Undergraduate Admissions Application" and return it to the Undergraduate Admissions Office with the $50 non-refundable application fee.
Transfer Credit

Transfer credits are evaluated at the time of application, and students will receive a preliminary transfer credit evaluation with their acceptance letter. The academic department to which the student applied will make a final determination of transfer credits. Evaluation of transfer credit is based on the following criteria:

  • Credit for the course must have been earned at a regionally accredited institution.
  • Course grade must be a "C" or better. Credit is not awarded for pass/fail courses.
  • Students may transfer a maximum of 60 credits from two-year institutions and a maximum of 90 credits from four-year institutions. A student's final 30 credits must be earned in residency at UNH.
  • Remedial, technical, and vocational courses do not transfer to the University of New Haven.
  • Only a student's credits transfer to the University of New Haven. Grade point average (GPA) does not transfer. Transfer students begin a new GPA at the University of New Haven.
  • Credit may be granted for AP exam scores of 3, 4, or 5
  • Credit may be granted for CLEP passing percentile scores of 50 or better.
  • Credit may be granted for IB exam scores of 4 or better.
Additional Information
The University recognizes the College Entrance Examination Board's Advanced Placement Program (AP), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the International Baccalaureate (IB).  Please send official test scores or transcripts to:

College of Lifelong & eLearning
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516

(Note: If you choose to fill out the paper version of the application, please be sure to fill out the correct year application.) College transcripts may be required from students applying with Non-Matriculating status if they wish to take classes that have prerequisites. Non-Matriculating students can complete a maximum of 12 credits. Students wishing to continue past 12 credits can elect to matriculate into a degree or certificate program.