Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Hire a Federal Work Study Student

Any office that provides 'student services' is eligible to have a work study student.  A student service position is loosely defined as 'a service that provides a direct or indirect benefit to a prospective or current student population.'  This is in accordance with the regulations from the Department of Education.  Examples of student service offices included (but are not limited to): 

  • Jobs in Financial Aid
  • Tutoring
  • Jobs in the Library
  • Jobs in Campus Police

Examples of offices not considered as student services include (but are not limited to): 

  • Facilities/Maintenance
  • Purchasing
  • Public Relations
Specific offices should contact the Financial Aid Office.

Normally an email will be sent to supervisors in late July/early August asking for requests for work-study students in the upcoming year.  A Federal Work-Study Request Form will be attached and would need to be sent back to the Financial Aid Office for consideration.
The Work-Study request can also be filled out mid-year but availability of workers is not guaranteed.
Students eligible for work-study will contact your department in the beginning of the year in response to your position requests. If you chose to hire them then proper work authorization paperwork must be completed.
University of New Haven Financial Aid TV ad