Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

2013-14 Prospective Students

2013-14 Prospective Students

In order to be eligible to receive financial aid at the university of New Haven for the 2013-2014 academic year all applicants must have applied, been officially accepted and matriculated for admission, and be enrolled in a degree program.  Students whose admission/matriculation status is “in process”, or are enrolled in personal enrichment programs are not eligible.  In order to be considered for most financial aid programs, students must be enrolled on at least a half-time basis.  Refer to the university catalog for detailed information.

STEP 1:    Submit the 2013-2014 CSS Profile form with UNH School code 3663

                  Submit by February 1, 2013*

CSS Profile – Beginning in October, students may complete the CSS Profile form at  This form will be used to provide an estimated Financial Aid Award by the en d of January to students who have been accepted for admission.  This allows student s who are accepted for Early Action to know the expected family costs before paying the early Action enrollment and housing deposit to UNH.  To receive an early estimated Financial Aid Award, families may complete the CSS Profile form up to February 1, 2013.


STEP 2:    Submit the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with UNH School code 001397

                  Submit by March 1, 2013*

FAFSA – To fully complete the financial aid process and receive a Final Award, families MUST complete the FAFSA.  The FAFSA is a federal application that is FREE and should be completed at the federal government’s website     THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED EACH YEAR FOR WHICH THE STUDENT IS SEEKING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE.


STEP 3:    Submit any additional paperwork requested by UNH by May 1, 2013*

Additional Paperwork – The Office of Financial Aid will communicate with students via email to request any required additional paperwork. 

Students selected for a process called Verification will need to complete a Verification Worksheet and provide copies of their parent's 2012 Tax Return Transcript(s).  You can obtain a copy of the 2012 Tax Return Transcript(s) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) after you have submitted your 2012 federal tax return.  You may visit a local office to obtain a copy.  There are local offices in each state.  The IRS provides a list of the local offices for each state.  You may also contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to speak with a representative.

*Applications must be received, not postmarked by the dates listed above.   Applications submitted after these dates will be considered on a rolling basis, depending upon the availability of funds.


STEP 4:    Notify the Financial Aid Office if you receive financial assistance or scholarships from an outside source.


NOTE:   Financial Aid applications must be completed and loans certified prior to the last day of the term for which the student is seeking aid.

University of New Haven Financial Aid TV ad