Beginning September 1, 2004 all International Students and Exchange visitors will be required to pay a $200 SEVIS fee before being granted an F-1 or J-1 Visa
WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY THE SEVIS FEE?
The U.S.A. Department of Homeland Security requires all aliens seeking an initial F-1 or J-1 visa from an embassy or consulate abroad to pay a non-refundable $200 SEVIS fee to maintain the SEVIS database and provide support to the network.
HOW DO I PAY THE SEVIS FEE?
Please make sure you pay the fee and print a receipt at least 3 days in advance of your consulate interview. Remember, the SEVIS fee cannot be paid at the U.S.A. Embassy or Consulate. Dependents do not have to pay the SEVIS Fee.
There are two general fee payment options:
- Payment in U.S. dollars by credit card over the Internet
- Payment in U.S. dollars by check or bank draft drawn on a U.S. bank
ONLINE PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD
The University of New Haven highly recommends paying the SEVIS fee electronically by using the internet and a credit card. Visa, Master Card or American Express, whether issued in the United States or in another country, can be used to pay the over the internet
- Log on to: FMJ Fee
- Complete the I-901 Form
Note: Your SEVIS ID is on the top right corner of your I-20 or DS-2019 (begins with "N") and the School code is BOS214F10096000
- Enter credit card information
- Print Receipt - You will only have one opportunity to print!
PAYMENT BY CHECK OR VIA MAIL
The University of New Haven discourages students from paying the SEVIS fee by mail because of the slower process of mailing and receiving a receipt. However, if you must pay by check, there are 2 options:
- Internet generated Coupon:
- Go to
- , Enter basic information, Print out a coupon and then mail a check or money order with the coupon to the address below.
- Paper option:
- Download I-901 (see important note above), mail it with check or money order to the address below.
I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee
1005 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101