Graduate Application Checklist
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable fee
- Official university transcripts and proof of bachelor’s degree completion. An explanation of your university grading system must also be provided along with your transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from your professors or employers
- A Statement of Purpose is required. A résumé is highly recommended.
- TOEFL of 75, or IELTS of 6.0, or PTE of 50, or completion of the University of New Haven’s Academic Preparatory Program. Certain majors may require higher English test scores (international students only).
- Certain majors require GRE and/or GMAT test scores.
- The University of New Haven offers conditional acceptance in most majors to those who are academically admissible but who have not met our required English test scores.
- Students who do not submit proof of English proficiency will be considered for conditional admission to the University and will be recommended to enroll in our Academic Preparatory Program (APP). For this program, no official IELTS, TOEFL, or any other English test score is required. The program can take four, eight, or twelve months to complete, depending on the student’s incoming English proficiency level. For more information, see www.newhaven.edu/AEPP.