Application Requirements for Graduate Students
Master’s Application Checklist
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable fee
- Official university transcripts and proof of bachelor’s degree completion. An explanation of your university grading system must also be provided along with your transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from your professors or employers
- A Statement of Purpose is required. A résumé is highly recommended.
- Certain majors require GRE and/or GMAT test scores. GRE School Code: 3663; GMAT school code: P1X-DS-94. See GRE/GMAT section of this page for more information.
Additional requirements for Ph.D. Applicants
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- An academic or other professional writing sample
- The Statement of purpose must include applicant background, goals, and reasons for pursuing their Ph.D. degree at the University of New Haven
Sending Your Documents By Mail
Mail Official Documents to:
University of New Haven
Office of Graduate Admissions
Echlin Hall, 2nd Floor
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
In an effort to minimize application processing time and to support our paperless application process, you should only mail official documents to the office.
All unofficial documents must be uploaded through the online application system to support the initial admissions review. Any unofficial documents mailed to the office will be discarded.
- Mechanical Engineering (M.S.), Electrical Engineering (M.S.), Computer Science (M.S), Cybersecurity and Networks (M.S.) and Forensic Science (M.S.) applicants are urged to submit GRE scores to be considered for admission. The GRE is optional for graduates of regionally accredited United States colleges and universities.
- MBA, Finance (M.S.) and Accounting (M.S.) applicants are urged to submit GMAT scores.
GMAT/GRE scores are required for International applicants who wish to be considered for available assistantships/fellowships.
- The University of New Haven offers conditional acceptance in most majors to those who are academically admissible but who have not met our required English test scores.
- Students who do not submit proof of English proficiency will be considered for conditional admission to the University and will be recommended to enroll in our Academic Preparatory Program (APP). For this program, no official IELTS, TOEFL, or any other English test score is required. The program can take four, eight, or twelve months to complete, depending on the student’s incoming English proficiency level. For more information, see www.newhaven.edu/AEPP.